07 April 2007
This is one of the reasons they call me Salady.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
1 sweet potato
1 tbsp olive oil
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 tbsp plum sauce
1 tsp palm sugar
2 chili padi, chopped
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sesame seed oil
1 - 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
Salad greens of choice
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into wedges.
- Put sweet potato wedges into a bowl and toss with olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread sweet potatoes in a baking tray and bake for 20 - 30 mins, turning once in between to ensure both sides are nicely golden.
- Put egg in a pot of water and put over medium high heat.
- When the water boils, remove from heat, cover the pot and allow egg to cook further for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for dressing in a bowl and let sit for flavours to develop.
- To serve, arrange roasted sweet potato wedges and hard-boiled egg (peel and quartered) over bed of salad greens and drizzle with 2 - 3 tbsp of dressing.
P.S.: The dressing can be made in advance and refridgerated. Lemons can also be used in place of limes(I use seedless Thai limes) and I've also tried a combination of lime and orange, which worked alright. Chopped pineapples can also be added to this dressing, which I like to use as a dip with gyoza.
P.P.S.: Because I'm inclined to spicy food and the higher the sour-ness, the happier my tastebuds are, the recipe for the dressing might not work for you. So feel free to adjust the quantities to suit your tastes!
Posted by evinrude at 23:23:00